Wednesday, May 13, 2015
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Keynote, Workshops, Lunch (with panel discussion), Tours and Student Challenge
Bright Minds is a bridge for engagement, collaboration, and communication between educators, industry, and students to support our future workforce. The elements of this event will take the Technology and Engineering portions of STEM education to the next level, showcasing real-world outcomes and results using advances in manufacturing.
Students and educators will see technology innovations first-hand and realize the value of careers in manufacturing. Attendees will have direct contact with one another to discuss paths to move manufacturing forward and ways to fill the workforce pipeline.
The sessions and demonstrations will increase the students’ awareness of and preparation for opportunities in manufacturing and will serve as a resource for educators interested in helping prepare students for careers in manufacturing.
8:30 – 9:15 am
Adam Bursell, The Boeing Company
11:45 am – 12:45 pm
LUNCH PANEL DISCUSSION – “Career Pathways” – Depot Building
Panel Moderator – Karen Wosczyna-Birch
- Alyce Stiles, Greenfield Community College, MA
- Doug Webster, National Association Workforce Improvement & Champlain Maker Faire, VT
- Diane Dostie, Central Maine Community College, MN
- Marilyn Barger,FLATE, FL
- Megan Piccus, Pratt and Whitney Aircraft, CT
- Frank Gulluni, Asnuntuck Community College, CT
- Daniel Parker, The Boeing Company – Manufacturing & Safety Academic & Policy Engagement K-12, WA
5:00 – 7:00 pm
SME Bright Minds Reception – Depot Building